In India, Desi ghee has forever been a sacred and celebrated image of auspiciousness, nourishment, and healing; particularly within the daily rituals of cookery and worship.
Desi cow Ghee is a premium cooking oil celebrated for its taste, nutritional benefits, and medicinal qualities. Ayurveda, the traditional bioscience of India, recognizes ghee as an essential part of a balanced diet, and considers it to be the best fat one can eat. Ghee is the strong essence of butter; the last result of an extended, slow, careful clarification process that removes all the moisture, milk solids and impurities. The absence of milk solids and water in desi ghee create it fully shelf stable. Ghee has one of the highest flash points (485ºF) which make this oil the best choice for high-temperature cooking.
Previously due to wrong marketing done by cooking oil companies, ghee was given negative publicity that it increases cholesterol and other heart-related issues. One of the other causes were unavailability of pure ghee in the market and consumers did not trust before buying.
Thanks to many agencies including Patanjali, people not only in India but world over are accepting health benefits of Cow Ghee. Puresh daily is committed to offer purest form of any milk product including ghee and also to educate customers about how to test purity of ghee and milk products at their home.
Benefits of cooking food in desi cow ghee over any other cooking oil are:
- Vitamins A, D, E, and K present in Ghee are fat-soluble. This means ghee helps is to soak up these vitamins.
- Ghee has MUFA (monounsaturated fatty acids ) , which is better than PUFA (polyunsaturated fatty acid) found in oils like corn, sunflower, cottonseeds oils etc. Thus Desi ghee may be a more sensible choice than these oils.
- Ghee does not contain lactose, hence it is safe for lactose intolerant people.
- Ghee is made up of short chain fatty acids which can be digested easily. This nature also helps to break fat.
- Ghee provides lubrication to muscles and joints.
- Ghee is free of trans fats unlike other oils.
- Ghee boosts immunity.
- Ghee can be used for cooking at high temperature unlike Olive Oil.
- When cooking is done on the very high flame, ghee is considered to be a better medium for cooking as it does not smoke easily.
The purity of ghee permits it to be deeply penetrating and nutritious because it passes through the lipid membranes of cells. For this reason, the vitamins and minerals from food cooked in ghee are going to be drawn deep into the body wherever they convey the foremost benefit. Ayurveda recommends desi cow ghee for cooking to ensure a healthy body and mind.